To ship pins from home cheaply and easily, you’ll need the following things:
- PayPal Account
- Packing tape
- Bubble wrap
First, prepare your pin and envelope.
1) Put backs on your pins, then preferably put into small baggie.
Note – If you are sending a large pin, or several pins, you may want to attach the pins to a piece of cardboard or foam, and then put the backs on.
2) Wrap once or twice with bubble wrap, depending on thickness.
3) Place into padded mailer. 4″x8″ is a great size for a couple pins, and it’s even better if you can recycle mailers you’ve received.
Then, to set up shipping:
1) Go to paypal.com/shipnow and log in to your PayPal account.
2) You’ll be asked for the Ship to address, so enter the recipient’s full address.
3) On the Create Shipping Label page:
Find the “Service Type” dropdown and change it to “First-Class Mail Parcel Service (2-5 days)”
Find the “Package Type” dropdown and change it to “Package/Thick Envelope”
For Package weight, I usually enter 2oz. That covers a 6×8 shipping envelope and a couple pins. The price remains the same up to 4oz, so if you’re paranoid, you can enter 4oz.
Finally, click the Calculate Shipping Cost button, then pay for the label.
4) Then, just print the label. Cut it out, and then use the packing tape to secure it to the envelope.